Colorado Youth Referee Certification
Open to high school students and adults for the March 4th training!
(Registration for the March 4th training is now open!)
In order to officiate youth games for the Spring 2018 season, all officials will be required to be US Lacrosse certified.
There is one remaining training date for new officials and those entering their 2nd season…you will need to attend only one in class session…
March 4th – 10 am to 4:30 pm at University of Denver (Sturm Hall Room 451)
(Check-in begins at 9:30am)
New Officials of any age and lesser experienced officials who are in high school must complete the following steps…
Certification involves the following steps:
Step 1: Register and pay online for the March 4th referee training session ($45) here: https://leagueathletics.com/Registration/Default.asp?n=78733&org=CYLA.US
- (Registration for the March 4th training session is now open)
Step 2: Join USLacrosse as an 'official' at http://www.uslacrosse.org
(Click on the 'JOIN' tab in the upper right hand corner of the page)
- If you are already a member of US Lacrosse as a player, call their membership service department and add officiating to your membership.
Step 3: Complete US Lacrosse on-line training PRIOR to attending classroom session.
- PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASSROOM SESSION, complete US Lacrosse on-line training.
- Under the officials tab, select online courses. At this point you may be asked to log in to your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on the Catalog button in the middle of the page
- Under Catalog, select the 'Officiating Courses' tab.
- Select Option 1: 'Men's Game Officiating Courses'
- Select Option 1 under 'Men's Game Officiating Courses': 'Men's Officials - Rules Certification Online Course'
- Click on: '2018 Boys' Lacrosse Rules Online Course'
- Add the course to your cart, and proceed to checkout (this course is free with US Lacrosse membership)
- After you have completed the course purchase, go into your courses and click 'Launch'
- Go through the entire course in order to complete and receive your certificiate.
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your certificate of completion and bring it with you to the classroom session
Step 4: Attend March 4th at DU Sturm Hall, room 451 from 10:00am to 4:30pm
Check in begins at 9:30am
- This session will include a review of all pertinent rules, field mechanics and taking the US Lacrosse test.
Step 5: Complete the 2018 Boys Youth Rule Test and High School Test:
- PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASs SESSION, complete 2018 Boys Youth Rule Test and High School Rule Test
- Under the officials tab, select Rules Exams. At this point you may be asked to log in to your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on the red 'Access Exams' button on the page.
- Click on the 'Catalog' button
- Select option: "Officiating Courses'
- Select Option 3: 'Annual Officiating Rules Exams'
- Add the '2018 NFHS Boys' Lacrosse Rules Exam' to your cart. (blue shopping cart button on the right hand side)
- Add the '2018 Youth Boys' Lacrosse Rules Exam' to your cart. (blue shopping cart button on the right hand side)
- Reminder that both of these courses are free as a US Lacrosse member. Proceed to checkout and confirm purchase.
- After you have completed the course purchase, click on the start browsing button and you will return to 'My Courses'
- Click on launch next to each test and complete the tests. (it is suggested to complete the test on paper and go back in to fill the answers online after)
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your results that show you have completed the test.
Step 6: New officials who have never worked a game must shadow experienced officials for two games (without pay). Once the two games have been worked, you will begin to receive payment.
- This Certification will be directed by a US Lacrosse certified trainer, and will include several RMLOA experienced training officials
Minimum age requirement is a high school student.
Items to complete and bring to the training:
- Join US Lacrosse as an OFFICIAL (You can also include being a player.)
- Complete the Online training course (see directions above) and bring your copy of the completion certificate.
- Pay for the training course online by CLICKING HERE
- Remember your rulebooks
- Bring your Lunch
- Something to take notes on...for officiating